Skip to main content

Eid al-Fitr 2013 CELEBRATION

HAPPY EID AL-FITR MUSLIM FAITHFUL



59, 599 Views on Keeping up with Vien Smart? Wow! Thank you all for this beautiful journey, and for enjoying my gift which God gave me (Yup! The gift of "Writing"We bid Ramadan farewell an welcome Eid Al- Fitr….

Eid al-Fitr
Ramadan ends with the festival of Eid al-Fitr, which in 2013 occurs on October 15. Literally the “Festival of Breaking the Fast,” Eid al-Fitr is one of the two most important Islamic celebrations (the other occurs after the Hajj, or pilgrimage to Mecca). At Eid al-Fitr people dress in their finest clothes, adorn their homes with lights and decorations, give treats to children, and enjoy visits with friends and family.

http://mimiiluv.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/225px-eidulfitr_meal.jpg
A PROPER EID AL-KABIR MEAL AND FEAST
A sense of generosity and gratitude colors these festivities. Although charity and good deeds are always important in Islam, they have special significance at the end of Ramadan. As the month draws to a close, Muslims are obligated to share their blessings by feeding the poor and making contributions to mosques.


عيد الفطر
Eid al-Fitr (ʻĪd al-Fiṭr)
Feast of Breaking the Fast
Celebrating Eid in Tajikistan 10-13-2007.jpg
Eid al-Fitr meal, Tajikistan
Official name Arabic: عيد الفطر
‘Īd al-Fiṭr
Also called The Sugar Feast, the Sweet Festival, the Lesser Eid
Observed by Muslim world
Type Islamic
Significance Marks the end of Ramadan fasting
Celebrations Family and friends visits, traditional sweet dishes, using perfume, wearing new clothes, giving gifts, musical performances, etc.
Observances Zakat al-Fitr charity, Eid prayers
Date 1 Shawwal
2013 date 8 August (±1 day)[1]
2014 date 28 July (± 1 day)[2]
2015 date 17 July (± 1 day)[2]
Related to Ramadan, Eid al-Adha


Eid ul Fitr, Eid al Fitr, Id ul Fitr, or Id alFitr (Arabic: ‎عيد الفطر), often abbreviated to Eid, is a two days Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting (sawm). Eid Al Fitr is a day of joy and thanksgiving. On this day, Muslims show their joy for the health, strength and opportunities of life, which Allah has given them to fulfill their obligations of fasting and other good deeds during the month of Ramadan. It is considered unholy to fast on this day. It is also a day of forgetting old grudges and ill feelings towards others.


After Ramadan, the month of fasting its time to celebrate the occasion of Eid-Ul-Fitr. The sighting of the crescent moon (hilal) on the 29th day of Ramadan marks the beginning of Eid-ul-fitr and the end of Ramadan month. Eid-ul-fitr means to break the fast,
for all the Muslims who had fasted Eid-ul-fitr is the occasion of triumph, happiness, joy and to celebrate.

Eid-Ul-Fitr Day
Early morning on the Eid day all the Muslims take bath and have their breakfast of dates and sweets. All of them wear new clothes on this occasion and visit mosque (masjid) to worship Allah. Special Eid Ul Fitr prayer ceremony is carried out in open areas and sky. All the Muslims recite Takbir given below before the Prayers:
Allahu akbr, allahu akbr la illaha ila Allah wa allahu akbr, allahu akbr wa lillah hilhamd

Which means

"God is Greatest, God is Greatest There is no deity but [the one] God God is Greatest, God is Greatest And to him goes all praise"

I wish you all a happy Eid Al Fitr and hey, thank you all for helping Vien Smart get to 59, 599 Views....See y'all later alligators, be kind to one another.

Bamidele V. Osagie


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

THE DAY AFTER LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

VIEN 007, BIRTHDAY GIRL PHOTO BY MAX GREY MARCH 27 1988 - MARCH 27 2013? Time of death? of what? Not me oh, not anyone, but my insanity, heart ache, being broke (laughing so hard), no love, and all the bad, and ugly things that was in my path(I wish I didn't have a heart, Waje knows how I feel, see her new video.) At the end of the day, my day came and passed and I kissed the drought goodbye, its all brand new for me just like the video above....I will be back to finish up, and oh that building that got burned yesterday was really burnt down to almost nothing but in the end, the fire was finally put out, I should say more about how my birthday went, but believe me, the day felt more like a funeral than a birthday, up till the point mum served me my birthday meal (Pomo and Beans with Yam and Plantain), then I went to church to praise God www.davidschristiancentre.org and then finally, Amz and Ugo did make it awesome in the end, by surprisingly taking me out to get a