Skip to main content

Nigerian Breakfast Recipes THINK LIKE A MAN TOO ..... OUT NOW AT SILVERBIRDCINEMAS VI, IKEJA- LAGOS


Nigerian breakfast recipes consist of the different kinds of foods that are eaten in Nigeria in the morning, I hope to make this list as comprehensive and detailed as possible by including even children’s morning recipes.
This article would be beneficial to folks in Nigeria that are clueless as to what to serve a Nigerian Person in the morning as well as white girls that are married to a Nigerian man (just in case you want to make a surprise breakfast for your spouse).

i would go along to list the very simple and easy to make Nigerian breakfast recipes and then a detailed instruction on making them, I will also include a link to videos where necessary. It is advisable to go on very light foods in the morning, certain simple meals that will unlock your neural pathway for the rest of the day.
I keep thinking about my favorite breakfast recipe, a newly discovered recipe. It is just a combination of jellof rice and good amount of vegetable salads with little or no cream, I try to keep my family away from canned foods as much as I could. (Although I have found that it is slightly impossible)

The meal above is a good example of light and simple breakfast recipe, although it takes a lot of time to prepare, I make things easy by stocking my fridge with every necessary ingredient and foodstuff.
I live in Lagos, western Nigerian and as a working-class lady I often eat breakfast in my office, I buy from restaurants that are close to my office most of the times. During this time I have been able to experiment different kind of Nigerian foods that could serve for breakfast and I would list some of them here and then others that I make at home on weekends or during holidays.
The most popular breakfast recipe in Nigeria is a combination of tea and bread

This recipe is very easy to prepare and comes in handy especially when you are in a rush to meet up with office hours. Most people in Nigerian are comfortable with just tea and bread but occasionally I fry eggs to complement the recipe.
You can follow this link to learn more about this Nigerian Breakfast Recipe. I think you will even see a video on how to fry eggs the Nigerian way.
Another easy to make breakfast recipe in Nigerian is Indomie noodles. Indomie is a special kind of noodle in Nigeria that would serves as breakfast for both adults and children alike. I thought they were for kids until I discovered this particular recipe.

Learn more about Different Nigerian Noodle (indomie) recipes, you would be happy you did.
Here are some of the many different food combinations that could serve as breakfast to a Nigerian, I took the images while enjoying these meals myself likewise lots of other images you find on this site. There is likely no Nigerian food that I am yet to taste, I experiment wildly and also make lots of them in my own kitchen.

This is pap (akamu, ogi) in a plate and a combination of fried yam, plantain, potatoes and tomato sauce.
Ogi (pap) is very simple to prepare it takes the same procedure as in making custard, you will find helpful video here on Making Akamu (pap, Ogi) and how to make tomato sauce.
The last on my list of Nigerian breakfast recipes is beans and bread (you will know what I am saying if you live in Lagos Nigeria, the country’s most industrious state). It is called bread and ewa here in the Yorubaland and a plate is sold between one hundred and two hundred Naira.
Bread and ewa are popularly made and served in local Nigerian restaurants. The making of the beans for this recipe is completely different from other beans recipes. It is just cooked beans and a special kind of stew, then the bread is often agege bread. 
Bon apetti.

Bamidele V. Osagie





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

THE DAY AFTER LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

VIEN 007, BIRTHDAY GIRL PHOTO BY MAX GREY MARCH 27 1988 - MARCH 27 2013? Time of death? of what? Not me oh, not anyone, but my insanity, heart ache, being broke (laughing so hard), no love, and all the bad, and ugly things that was in my path(I wish I didn't have a heart, Waje knows how I feel, see her new video.) At the end of the day, my day came and passed and I kissed the drought goodbye, its all brand new for me just like the video above....I will be back to finish up, and oh that building that got burned yesterday was really burnt down to almost nothing but in the end, the fire was finally put out, I should say more about how my birthday went, but believe me, the day felt more like a funeral than a birthday, up till the point mum served me my birthday meal (Pomo and Beans with Yam and Plantain), then I went to church to praise God www.davidschristiancentre.org and then finally, Amz and Ugo did make it awesome in the end, by surprisingly taking me out to get a