Skip to main content

COVID-19 UPDATE: FOR PEOPLE ABOVE 60 YEARS OLD

Episode 19

Yo! There is time for everything, a time to plant and a time to harvest, a time to sow and a time to reap, having said that I know you were expecting some hair tip, or great skin revelation, or for me to talk about the next big event I am about to host, but right now, the only thing I want to talk about is the one thing that is bugging everyone’s mind right now, “ The Corona Virus”. Listen, this ish is taking over the news right now as it is a trending issue and I know we are all scared but, please do not panic okay! Just protect yourself.

A lot of men have been asked to shave their beards, and people have been advised not to wear bend down select aka, used clothes from now as we know they usually come from abroad. Now in the midst of all this, I am more worried for the older folks who can’t be as cautious as the younglings are. Are you worried like I am for your older relatives? here is what I gathered.
According to (CNN), The novel coronavirus can infect anyone, but it’s older adults — ages 60 and up — that are more likely to get seriously sick from it.
Some tips are applicable to every generation, but there are specific precautions older adults should take to protect their health.
CNN spoke to two geriatricians and pulled guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to assemble what people 60 and up need to know about the novel coronavirus.


Coronavirus and older adults: What to know and how to prepare
People ages 60 and up are at higher risk of novel coronavirus infection. Symptoms include fever, dry cough and difficulty breathing, and it’s primarily spread between people. Here’s how older adults can prepare and protect themselves from the novel coronavirus. This guidance comes from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Drs. Carla Perissinotto and Samir Sinha, both geriatricians.
Note: Recommendations for Covid-19 may change as officials learn more, so monitor your local health department and the CDC for updates.


Rule no.1 Take precautions
• Cancel non-essential doctor’s appointments
• Schedule telehealth sessions for appointments you can’t miss
• Designate an emergency contact
• Wash your hands frequently (scrub for 20 seconds with soap and water)
• Use hand sanitizer when soap isn’t available


Rule no. 2 Stock up
• Make sure you have enough groceries and household products to last you a “prolonged period of time” at home
• Prescription medication may be difficult to get ahead of time, so consider mail ordering


Rule no. 3 Travel
• Avoid non-essential plane travel
• Don’t go on a cruise —— cruise ship passengers are at a higher risk of infection


Rule no. 4 Life
• Stay at home as much as possible if you live in an area where there’s an outbreak
• In public, avoid crowds and poorly ventilated buildings
• Keep several feet of distance from people
• Wash your hands with soap after going in public
• And If you need to isolate, keep in touch with family and friends


Rule no. 5 If you think you’re sick
• 
Call your doctor before going in for a test
• Don’t use public transportation and stay at home as much as possible
• Finally, to report a suspected case of the coronavirus, Call the Lagos state emergency hotlines for more information that’s on 0802-316-9485, 0803-356-5529

That’s all, more details about this on my show Friday 3 to 5 pm on the Rundown @city1051

Finally, as I always say, again, to get the best out of this journal, you must be following me on all social media platforms @Vien007, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and online at www.vien-smart.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon, but till then be kind to one another. xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

WEEKEND SPECIAL 15 OAP'S OSCAR AND TITI (FANTA) OYINSAN WELCOME BABY GIRLS (TWINS)

   Gees! its 15 weeks already? now I know why baby Nonoh is bigger than the actual form she was as a baby (sperm!, laughing hard), speaking of sperm, I do know a couple expecting soon, and here is my experience at their crib just last week when I got stuck at the studio and needed a place to stay(Day time good Samaritan's). Put in mind, this is the baby making season, yes and it also is the rainy season, make sure you are protected at all times(If you know what I mean! all forms of "Rain Coat" is necessary at this time aight) . So I was stranded and couldn't make it home to Festac by 10 pm but got an offer to chill over at the expecting Mr. and Mrs. and I must say, I got the VIP treatment, trust me when I say the bathroom in the Mrs. room was filled with everything, wish I could take some more pictures but guess I can only take just on section due to the request from both parties, (I have to hold back these pictures) sorry people. BEFORE I GO ON, A BIG CONGRATULATI