Skip to main content

CORONA VIRUS IN NIGERIA



So, the government is not trying to scare us, but rather wants to enlighten us on this virus, well, here it is, the "Corona virus" here now in Nigeria as the government warns (hence forth I shall not shake any fella again, and would just get myself gloves like MJ (Late Pop Singer Micheal Jackson) wore always).

Mass pilgrim gatherings could encourage MERS coronavirus to spread faster


MERS-CoV, the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus may spread faster and deeper internationally during two mass pilgrim gatherings taking place this year in Saudi Arabia, Dr. Kamran Khan, an infectious disease physician, of St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto, Canada, and colleagues warned in the journal PLoS Currents: Outbreaks.

Coronavirus


Coronavirus: One of a group of RNA viruses, so named because they look like a corona or halo when viewed under the electron microscope. The corona or halo is due to an array of surface projections on the viral envelope.
The coronavirus genome is a single strand of RNA 32 kilobases long and is the largest known RNA virus genome. Coronaviruses are also unusual in that they have the highest known frequency of recombination of any positive-strand RNA virus, promiscuously combining genetic information from different sources.
Coronaviruses are ubiquitous. They are the second leading cause of thecommon cold (after the rhinoviruses). Members of the coronavirus family cause major illnesses among animals, including hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) in mice and gastroenteritis (inflammation of the digestive system) in pigs, and respiratory infections (in birds).
Soon after the start of the outbreak of SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) in 2002-2003, a coronavirus came under suspicion as one of the leading suspects. A new coronavirus was, in fact, discovered to be the agent responsible for SARS.
The first coronavirus was isolated in 1937. It was the avian infectious bronchitis virus, which can cause devastating disease in chicken flocks. Since then, related coronaviruses have been found to infect cattle, pigs, horses, turkeys, cats, dogs, rats, and mice. The first human coronavirus was cultured in the 1960s from nasal cavities of people with the common cold. Two human coronaviruses, OC43 and 229E, cause about 30% of common colds. The SARS coronavirus is different and distinct from them and from all other known coronaviruses.

Coronaviruses are very unusual viruses. They have a genome of over 30,000 nucleotides and so are gigantic, as viruses go. They are also unusual in how they replicate themselves. Coronaviruses have a two-step replication mechanism. (Many RNA virus genomes contain a single, large gene that is translated by the cellular machinery of the host to produce all viral proteins.) Coronaviruses can contain up to 10 separate genes. Most ribosomes translate the biggest one of these genes, called replicase, which by itself is twice the size of many other RNA viral genomes. The replicase gene produces a series of enzymes that use the rest of the genome as a template to produce a set of smaller, overlapping messenger RNA molecules, which are then translated into the so-called structural proteins -- the building blocks of new viral particles.
Watch out my Lagos, Nigeria alligators, don't let it get you and be kind to one another.
Bamidele V. Osagie

Comments

  1. Coronaviruses have become uncommon malware. These people have a genome that has reached over 25,500 nucleotides and so are gigantic, because trojans go. They are also unusual throughout where did they replicate by themselves. Coronaviruses have a very two-step replication system. (Several RNA malware genomes contain a solitary, big gene that's changed by the cellular equipment from the number to create almost all well-liked meats.) Coronaviruses can contain up to 15 individual genes. The majority of ribosomes change the biggest one of these simple genes, referred to as replicase, which in turn on it's own is double the dimensions of a great many other RNA viral genomes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

THE DAY AFTER LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

VIEN 007, BIRTHDAY GIRL PHOTO BY MAX GREY MARCH 27 1988 - MARCH 27 2013? Time of death? of what? Not me oh, not anyone, but my insanity, heart ache, being broke (laughing so hard), no love, and all the bad, and ugly things that was in my path(I wish I didn't have a heart, Waje knows how I feel, see her new video.) At the end of the day, my day came and passed and I kissed the drought goodbye, its all brand new for me just like the video above....I will be back to finish up, and oh that building that got burned yesterday was really burnt down to almost nothing but in the end, the fire was finally put out, I should say more about how my birthday went, but believe me, the day felt more like a funeral than a birthday, up till the point mum served me my birthday meal (Pomo and Beans with Yam and Plantain), then I went to church to praise God www.davidschristiancentre.org and then finally, Amz and Ugo did make it awesome in the end, by surprisingly taking me out to get a