Skip to main content

BENEFITS OF DATING OUTSIDE YOUR TRIBE!

BENEFITS OF DATING OUTSIDE YOUR TRIBE!


 My birthday is almost here, March 27th and I have decided to team up with Obaebae.com to use it as a hook up medium for some single people out there, so if interested, just call the number on the flier, come hang out with us March 26th at the Ayo Van Elmar Terrace, Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos- Nigeria by 5 pm this Sunday and haven said that, let's talk about the main issue I get on my night show during the hook up night.



I really do not care about tribe you know, I just want to love and be loved back, that's all. In the mean time, her is my Topic Of The Day from Lights Out with Vien. Why do we discriminate when choosing a life partner based 

We are seeing more women take the risk of leaping into diverse cultures in search of love. Gone are the days when everyone at weddings looked the same, wore the same clothes or meals you recognized were served. Now it’s a different ball game.
You hear people say love is not ‘white’ or ‘black’ since the anatomy of our hearts are pretty much the same. A few women are even tired of the ethnic issues even within the country and have opted for love in the far flung corners of the earth. Putting a lid on your options like the ‘tribe issue’ might end up putting a stop to going forward and even dating someone
A lot of people have moved on but can I talk to the host of others sadly struggling with doubts and fears about dating someone from another tribe. Are you still single and searching, who can tell maybe your partner is from another tribe but you’ve narrowed your search and no one still is coming?
When you want to buy a house, you select options like location, cost, house type, facilities provided, etc. If you aren’t keen about so many options and you just want a nice neighborhood, you’ll get a lot of options but if you insist it must be a 2-bed penthouse with a swimming pool and back garden in a nice neighborhood that doesn’t cost more than a million bucks, then you’ll get fewer options.
We are all haunted or inspired by our past whether you accept it or not. Think about it, if your parents were from different tribes and the marriage didn’t work, you’ll blame it on the difference in cultures but if they were from the same tribe and it worked you might think it was because of that and try to make your choices based on that pattern
There’s no guarantee that when one marries from the same tribe or not the marriage will be successful. I’m sure you know cases of either circumstances and can conclude it takes more than being from the same tribe to make a marriage work.
Don’t let your domineering or controlling parents influence your decisions, they won’t live your life for you or sort out the marriage issues and conflicts when they arise. Some people wanting to please their parents make sure they only bring home that guy who is from their tribe.
So, thinking of dating someone from another tribe? Then let’s talk, you’ll be glad you did because:
• You will begin to see life from another perspective: Depending on your background, you have known life to be one-sided, to work in a certain way, and then someone comes along with a different view on life and you can’t believe life could continue working outside your own box. Imagine a lady who goes to a particular salon or shop and then one day, someone says it cheaper over here or you’ll get better service here and then you make the switch.

• Your fears will finally be laid to rest: Life is a risk, so why not take it all in. we are conscious about the decisions we make because of our doubts and fears. Most fears we have or consider never become a reality but they often keep us behind instead of moving ahead. Finally, you can look back and be glad that whatever the fears were, they are unfounded. Some fears move across generations, now you can be at peace when our kids even bring someone home who’s from another tribe. You’ve been there so no big deal.
• You have a more balance approach to resolve conflicts: Conflicts in relationships arise because one party expects the other party to understand the rules and live by them especially when both parties are from the same tribe. When you both are from different tribes, you tend to be more gracious, you give them more space to hurt and heal. Don’t your friends hurt you more? A stranger’s hurt will almost go unnoticed, that’s what happens when you both don’t share similar backgrounds.

• You lose your superiority complex: Some folks think they are more important than other tribes until they discover their handicap and what’s special about other people. When you date outside your tribe, you drop whatever sentiments you’ve always had about other tribes. If you thought everyone from a particular tribe acted or thought in a certain way, you will no longer judge but now agree there are a few exceptions that are different.

• You can pass on core and unbiased values to your kids: Parents knowingly or not, pass on values to their kids. What you say isn’t as strong as what you do. The kids are watching and one day will follow your footsteps. While you go shopping with them, attend parties or even while watching a movie, be very cautious of the general statements you make. It will be too late after those words are said to recall them and those words etched on their hearts and mind affect their own decisions for the rest of their lives.
• You will be more tolerant and patient as you both learn the ropes of your new cultures:When you have a new staff hired or some foreigner work on your team at work make a mistake or even repeat an error, you are more gracious and won’t condone this from national who should know the work culture. It may be that they do not speak or understand your language very well. Most people who date outside their tribes are much more tolerant and patient. You just find yourself giving them another chance. After all you’re not perfect and they still manage to keep up with you.

• You might inspire someone to take a risk too: Maybe there’s a close friend, colleague or family relative who’s watching but still waiting for Mr. Right who might have come several times and passed by unnoticed because he wasn’t ‘speaking the same language’. Now they’ve seen you take the risk to date someone outside your tribe; they may now be encouraged to take that leap. Have you thought about you actions rubbing off on others positively?


…Till next time ,keep shinning ladies…!
Be kind to one another, see y'all later alligators.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

THE DAY AFTER LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

VIEN 007, BIRTHDAY GIRL PHOTO BY MAX GREY MARCH 27 1988 - MARCH 27 2013? Time of death? of what? Not me oh, not anyone, but my insanity, heart ache, being broke (laughing so hard), no love, and all the bad, and ugly things that was in my path(I wish I didn't have a heart, Waje knows how I feel, see her new video.) At the end of the day, my day came and passed and I kissed the drought goodbye, its all brand new for me just like the video above....I will be back to finish up, and oh that building that got burned yesterday was really burnt down to almost nothing but in the end, the fire was finally put out, I should say more about how my birthday went, but believe me, the day felt more like a funeral than a birthday, up till the point mum served me my birthday meal (Pomo and Beans with Yam and Plantain), then I went to church to praise God www.davidschristiancentre.org and then finally, Amz and Ugo did make it awesome in the end, by surprisingly taking me out to get a