Skip to main content

How To Stop Getting Your Heart Broken

How To Stop Getting Your Heart Broken


Reno Omokiri advises men and ladies to marry for love

In a series of tweets, Reno Omokiri dished out some advice to men and ladies. According to him, ladies should marry for love and not because they need financial help while men should also marry for love and not because they need someone to do their laundry.
 
VIEN007 HOST OF LIGHTS OUT WINNER " VOICE OF THE YEAR 2016 & 2017" SCREAM AWARDS
Dating isn’t always all rainbows, puppy dogs and butterflies-hearts get broken, feelings get hurt and it might occasionally feel like love just isn’t in the cards for you. However, if you’re constantly checking into the Heartbreak Hotel or your relationships never seem to last, it might be time for you to change the way you’re dating. Change breeds change and if you want different results when it comes to dating, you’re going to have to start dating differently. Ultimately it’s impossible to prevent ever getting your heart shattered into a million pieces by someone you care about (unfortunately!), but there are definitely things you can do to stop it from happening so often.
Here is how to stop getting your heart broken.
Take responsibility for your actions. Yeah, it’s super easy to blame your bad dating luck on the jerks you’ve dated, but there is one common denominator in all of your failed relationships…YOU. Stop the blame game and take an honest look at the part you’ve played. Are there mistakes you’ve made or unhealthy patterns you need to break? Understanding where you might have gone wrong will not only provide clarity on the whole situation but will also give you a sense of power and control back. You can’t change the behaviors of the people you date, but you can certainly change your own.
Move slower. There is nothing wrong with a whirlwind romance or throwing your better judgement out the window and rolling with what feels right in the moment. Well, nothing wrong with it until you’re heart is broken and you have no idea what just happened. Throwing yourself head-first into relationship after failed relationship might seem like a great way to distract yourself from any hurt you’re feeling, but moving too fast too soon can lead to burnout. Soon, you’ll find yourself stuck in a vicious cycle. If you meet someone you really like, take it slower than usual. Don’t get too invested, and don’t share all of yourself completely. Earn each others trust and commitment and truly get to know each other before letting them have your entire heart. Some people might say to not hold back and to give your heart away if it feels right, but if you’ve had nothing but broken hearts for the last few years or months there is nothing wrong with protecting your heart a bit. Why are you giving it away so easily, anyway?
Go on a dating break. This doesn’t mean that you swear off all interaction with the opposite sex and have to stay locked in your room or join a nunnery, it simply means that you’re switching your focus. Instead of thinking about dating and love all of the time, replace it with something else, something positive that makes you feel good about yourself. Focus on your friends, family, career and hobbies. If someone wonderful happens to cross your path, definitely don’t ignore him…but don’t go searching for him either.
Be crystal clear about what you want. One of the most common causes of a broken heart is disappointment. If you are looking for a serious relationship but the guys you date are only interested in one night stands, of course your heart is going to get broken. Managing your expectations from the beginning and not allowing yourself to get caught up in a fantasy will keep your heart intact. Plus, when you know what you really want, you tend to know exactly where to look for it. Have tunnel vision when it comes to love!
How do you prevent a broken heart? Well, there you have it. See y'all later alligators, be kind to one another.
YOU CAN JOIN ME (VIEN007) LIVE ON AIR, MONDAY -FRIDAY AT CITY 105.1 FM LAGOS, 12 MIDNIGHT TILL 4 AM

Bamidele V. Osagie
For
Vien Smart . A.K.A VIEN007

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

THE DAY AFTER LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

VIEN 007, BIRTHDAY GIRL PHOTO BY MAX GREY MARCH 27 1988 - MARCH 27 2013? Time of death? of what? Not me oh, not anyone, but my insanity, heart ache, being broke (laughing so hard), no love, and all the bad, and ugly things that was in my path(I wish I didn't have a heart, Waje knows how I feel, see her new video.) At the end of the day, my day came and passed and I kissed the drought goodbye, its all brand new for me just like the video above....I will be back to finish up, and oh that building that got burned yesterday was really burnt down to almost nothing but in the end, the fire was finally put out, I should say more about how my birthday went, but believe me, the day felt more like a funeral than a birthday, up till the point mum served me my birthday meal (Pomo and Beans with Yam and Plantain), then I went to church to praise God www.davidschristiancentre.org and then finally, Amz and Ugo did make it awesome in the end, by surprisingly taking me out to get a