Skip to main content

5 GREATEST EPIC MOVIES OF ALL TIME

It's Throw back Thursday, and you know, as a lifestyle blogger, I must talk about a variety of things from, skincare routine, to hair care, to fashion, to healthy living, to books I read, to food and more, but today on the V-Lifestyle with Vien007, I want to share with you, my top 10 movies that I feel you should see while you have the time. Note, these movies are based on both fiction & some, true-life stories and none of the cast members paid me for this post(Even if they did, I wouldn’t accept it because the did a phenomenal job on them and had an exceptionally beautiful frame as cast members), so if you are ready, then let us dig in.

So I don’t drop all on you cos its too hot, the movie names drop will be in 2 parts, top 5 (Fictions) this week and then next week Friday, the remaining 5 (Non-Fiction) film. Here goes.

  1. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button.

Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett made me cry like a girl whose heart was broken beyond repair in 2008 and so I don’t spoil it for you, just know its a movie that features one thing we all wish we had that we can’t afford! (Immortality in 50%, and just imagine aging backward, yeah! Exactly that)

2. The Notebook

Sheeeesh! The most romantic movie of all time, after Titanic though! Which took home multiple MTV movie awards in 2004. Here, Ryan Gosling & Rachael McAdams were just the perfect cast for a classic 60’s love story that is all about what true love really means.

3. Saving Private Ryan
Listen, 1998 was a good year for movie director Stephen Spielberg, as he got to create such an epic movie that got us glued to our sits. The other best part was Tom Hanks p.s This man & his wife battled coronavirus in 2020 and at over 60+ years of age, they survived. Tom Hanks for me is one of the greatest actors of all time & this emotional war movie that took home an Academy Award for best cinematic makes me love him more. Then again, I can’t tell you all about it, just go rent it to see it, another good thing is it has Matt Damon in it as well( Action Packed All The Way).

4. Igodo
Hello, how can my top 5 not include a Nigerian movie? That would be sacrilegious(Lol). Here in Nigeria, when we say Epic, we mean Epic! Igodo: The Land of the Living Dead is a 1999 Nigerian adventure film that was produced by Don Pedro Obaseki and directed Andy Amenechi. This movie is 21 years old, but if I lay my hands on a DVD of it, I might just frame it cos that is how good it was. Go find it as well.

5. Gladiator
And finally, the last of the top 5 is Gladiator. This movie shows bravery in the face of death, honour to a loved one who passed, and more. A classic Roman empire set up, with stellar performances from Russell Crowe who got an Academy Award for best actor in a movie in the year 2000, Joaquin Phoenix (Joker), Djimon Hounsou, and more!

I wish I could go on and on, but hey, next week, I’d share the remaining 5 movies of my top 10 then okay. Now remember, to get the best out of this series, you need to follow me everywhere on social media @vien007, also find my Blogspot via www.vien-smart.blogspot.com, and on YouTube channel via Viensmartent@gmail.com

Now, let’s make this engaging, I have shared mine, so feel free to share your top 10 favorite movies of all time.

Xoxo

Vien007

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

THE DAY AFTER LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

VIEN 007, BIRTHDAY GIRL PHOTO BY MAX GREY MARCH 27 1988 - MARCH 27 2013? Time of death? of what? Not me oh, not anyone, but my insanity, heart ache, being broke (laughing so hard), no love, and all the bad, and ugly things that was in my path(I wish I didn't have a heart, Waje knows how I feel, see her new video.) At the end of the day, my day came and passed and I kissed the drought goodbye, its all brand new for me just like the video above....I will be back to finish up, and oh that building that got burned yesterday was really burnt down to almost nothing but in the end, the fire was finally put out, I should say more about how my birthday went, but believe me, the day felt more like a funeral than a birthday, up till the point mum served me my birthday meal (Pomo and Beans with Yam and Plantain), then I went to church to praise God www.davidschristiancentre.org and then finally, Amz and Ugo did make it awesome in the end, by surprisingly taking me out to get a