Skip to main content

A TALE OF MY AFRO HAIR BEFORE SOCIAL DISTANCING!


EPISODE 20!

Hey you, are you safe? Are you sanitizing regularly still? Remember the corona virus is real, and if you have forgotten all about it, just visit the website, www.city1051fm.com to catch up with the V-Lifestyle from last week on the corona virus topic. Now to the matter for today.

The V- Lifestyle today is about our hair! Yes o! How simple can this be? Well, I got some questions about my lush natural hair and ended up turning it to a Q & A session here just for you, now follow through and thank me later.

Q AND A SESSIONS WITH VIEN007 ABOUT HER LUSH HAIR!

Question: Is it hard to maintain natural hair?
Answer: No it isn’t actually. You just need to know the basics e.g for starters in the journey, you need coconut oil, water, Shea butter, which costs very little, compared to weaves and wigs. You feel lighter and more confident wearing your natural hair, it’s a woman’s crown.

Question: What is the myth behind castor oil and hair growth?
Answer: There’s no myth behind it. Castor oil works wonders for natural hair. You can use it as a hot oil treatment, to treat split ends and also to moisturize. Castor oil is multifaceted. It helps with blood circulation in the hair follicles hence improving hair growth.

Question: Why would women rather use expensive wigs and weaves than wear their own natural hair
Answer: Peer pressure, the erroneous belief that another woman’s hair on your scalp makes you more beautiful, wanting to fit in/look like everyone else, be trendy… look at Alicia keys who quit make up for example… it really is easier and healthier to wear one’s own natural hair.

Question: How do you know the right products for you?
Answer: You have to study your hair, its texture and type, its lightness or otherwise, its porosity, elasticity etc Using excessive products causes build up, hence damages the hair,excessive heat also, tying hair bands too tight, protective styles that snatch the edges away, dyeing the hair inhibits growth. Basically maintaining natural hair is like a second job, but it’s worth it. Always remember to sleep with a satin bonnet or silk scarf.
You can get your satin bonnets from: “Helen’s blueprint”

Question: How to deal with shrinkage
Answer: African hair by nature is wooly. That’s our default hair type. Shrinkage is actually a sign of healthy hair. It can be annoying because you might just want to flaunt and stretch, but that’s just our hair type and there’s not much to do about it. It’s best to embrace it. For healthy natural hair, wash twice a week for those with oily hair, or once in two weeks, it really is subjective, then deep condition once in two weeks, drink lots of water, eat fruits, especially avocado.

Question: How do you deep-condition?
Answer: Mix or blend avocado pear, without the seed nor the back of course, with coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil, section the hair and apply it then use a shower cap or nylon over it for heat and stay. You can stay 30mins-2hrs or even overnight, then rinse out with warm water. It strengthens the hair.

Question: Rice water for hair growth
Answer: This is true. I personally tested it for a month and I noticed my hair got fuller and lengthier. To prepare it, put rice in a bowl, wash it and pour away the first water, to remove impurities, then pour in water again. Soak for 45mins, filter the rice away and keep the water in a bowl or jar, covered for a day or two. You can also grate lemon, lime or orange rind, to douse the smell. Then apply it, better still in a spray bottle, then use.
There are different styles you can do with your natural hair; afro, teeny weeny afro, fro puff, wash-n-go, twist-outs, curls, finger-curls/coils etc

This is my burst brain moment, sorry burst hair! Hope it helps you out but, I’ve got to go now, do feel free to leave comments here on this article if you try out any of these useful tips. Finally, to get the best out of my journals, make sure you are following me on all social media platforms @vien007 and feel free to stock my blog via www.vien-smart.blogspot.com

Chat later!!!

Xoxo

Vien007


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

THE DAY AFTER LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

VIEN 007, BIRTHDAY GIRL PHOTO BY MAX GREY MARCH 27 1988 - MARCH 27 2013? Time of death? of what? Not me oh, not anyone, but my insanity, heart ache, being broke (laughing so hard), no love, and all the bad, and ugly things that was in my path(I wish I didn't have a heart, Waje knows how I feel, see her new video.) At the end of the day, my day came and passed and I kissed the drought goodbye, its all brand new for me just like the video above....I will be back to finish up, and oh that building that got burned yesterday was really burnt down to almost nothing but in the end, the fire was finally put out, I should say more about how my birthday went, but believe me, the day felt more like a funeral than a birthday, up till the point mum served me my birthday meal (Pomo and Beans with Yam and Plantain), then I went to church to praise God www.davidschristiancentre.org and then finally, Amz and Ugo did make it awesome in the end, by surprisingly taking me out to get a