Skip to main content

WEEKEND SPECIAL 1 (ARUGBO OJO)

ARE WE PLAYING CHURCH HERE?
 
WHY IS EVERYONE OF TWO FACES? CHOOSE ONE?


Most of us play  "CHURCH" these days and I really don't know why! so, Vector the rapper is in my church, sharing his gift of music and all the crowd could do was stare at him (I am included by the way), except for a lady, the church choir, and the gospel artiste Eben. He performed "Angeli", the acclaimed track that won him the Hip hop world award for Lyricist on the roll, 2012 among many awards, some in the congregation sang along(include me in this category), others grooved to the track while sited(definitely me), but the majority? well, they just sat there and judged the dude based on their own sick twisted mind of Christianity ( I could see folks stare at him in a way like, he should never be up on the stage in the name of the lord), I get it people! so he's a circular artist but, he knows God first! before his gifts, and you should at the least acknowledge the fact that he knows God well enough to testify about his winning the awards is to his glory and that singing for us is his way of saying thank you Father.
EBEN
   Eben graced the stage almost to the end of the musical concert and then because he is a gospel artist, we all played "Church" !, we raised our hands to praise and dance, then and only then. Eben really said what we were all ashamed to hear, he said the exact truth(the big elephant in the church), he made us understand that whenever an artiste performs, he is doing so not for just our listening pleasure only, but also to commune with God, but we all just sit down and think its entertainment, he made mention of the fact that we all sat there like log of wood waiting to be begged or moved before we celebrate them for their gift, and manner of praise to God above all, and like i said earlier, then and only then did they realise what they were really doing, it shocked me though because when the artiste PITA came up to sing praise and worship, only a hand full got up to worship with him, then after a while, the other "lot" got up and joined in, I personally am tired of this act, and hence why I am putting it in words (like Elton John did).

MINISTER KENN PERFORMING ARUBO OJO AT THE GAINING MOMENTUM MUSIC CONCERT
Though I had my reflection moment there at the Gaining Momentum Music Concert, my high point for the day was when MINISTER KENN came up with the worlds greatest choir to perform the song "ARUGBO OJO" which simply means "ancient of days", a worship song to praise God and this song was written, arranged and performed by Minister Kenn, to think some other church had stolen it and was performing it already, well folks reading this, here is the real track from the source himself and

MINISTER KENN-  "ARUGBO OJO"
there is only one thing i have to say in one word, its a MASTERPIECE! Enjoy, just click on the link below for quick download. 
http://bit.ly/Vav4Je
The video of  "Arugbo Ojo" by Minister Kenn will be shot this Friday and be rest assured, Vien Smart is going to get you the first hand clip on set during the making the video with pictures too.


The M.c for the event was M.c Acapella, he did a great job at the show, the arrangement, jokes, and introduction of the acts up on stage was so right that at some point I just had to go up there and share the spotlight with him, if you want more of him then do not be afraid,

 he is going to be live at the Victory Dome, Fatgbems bust stop mile 2 on the 24th of February, alongside other great comedians like A.Y, Seyi Law among others, see details on the add column on the home page, for more Details please call, 08067010127 or 08022476330 also follow @mcaccapela 


2013 is really my year of testimony and I must say the testimonies have started rolling in! Checking out my church members black berry dp and almost everybody there has this picture up, in different forms and colours, you can feel free to download, remember, if you believe it, only then can you truly receive it, so download away.



 still in the download mode, here are my 2013 photos photos for this week, but be sure to check the main page for more and if you see any somewhere that you think I should display up here for fun, send me a mail to viensmartent@gmail.com

OH NO THEY DIDN'T, LMFAO

DAYUM!!! CASSIDY KILLED EM

NOT HIM AGAIN! ANY OTHER PLAYER PLEASE
Still looking forward to the rap connect concert on the 19th of January, see full details at the side bar, I just know it in my gut that I will shine so bright like a diamond that night, if you wanna catch me there, performing live, alongside Vector, Sasha, Eva and the rest of the crew, just follow @Vien007 and I may just get you into the V.I.P section....shhh.... don't tell anyone I said so (yeah right! especially the 16,000 fans on my blog right now reading this, laughing so hard right now)

My shoe looks too high, I pray I don't fall off, check em out.

MEET MY STYLE GURU, CEE

Sunday came and I decided to look like a lady from the 60's, thanks to Charity who inspired my look, had brothers acting like they are driving miss Dorothy Dandridge, she was one hot actress by the way, one brother almost drove past me at the junction and when he decided to look beyond the legs (lord help me), he noticed it was me and then gave me a ride to church. I couldn't help but break my new years resolution (the one that says "no pictures on my blackberry dp", well, I broke that law all thanks to this look on Sunday.

VIEN AT CHURCH (MOI)

Monday and I got cold! I really caused this flu but its not so bad, by 12 pm it was over, my best friend came over and my oh my, you should see how excited I am and what such fun we had, I really missed him, little did I know that I missed him that much (sad face).

Its evening time and I just got back from seeing my Pastor, and all I can say now is wow! he really put me through the best counselling  session ever, I am more than glad I do have a man of God over my life that can help guide me especially when I feel lost or wanting to go astray, God bless him big time for being there for me and many other people like me who always need a father asides God first or our biological parents to talk to, one on one and get answers right away.


Give you a clue, this picture depicts how some relationships are, even how mine was back in the day.

I have been trying to find a celebrity look alike for ages but could not get any still, but that did not stop me from finding celebrity families, check out Banky W one of Nigeria's finest R and B singer (who happens to be my birthday mate by the way) with his Brother and Mother.

BANKY W, MUM AND BROTHER


The Reel Radio on line crew is back, and this year we promise something big for the listeners, tune in from  10 am till 6 pm every day, just log in to www.reel-radio.com and by the way, thats me in the E.I.E GEAR T-SHIRT, need one? call us on +234 703 662 400


Time to gon to bed people, have to get ready for my shoot tomorrow, I will try to make my date with you tomorrow online with pictures from set, but till then, see y' all later alligators, be kind to one another.

Bamidele V. Osagie


Comments

  1. sweetie is this not a tad harsh... I think people stand up when they actually KN0W the song especially when the lyrics are being projected and NOT because they think it to be SECULAR... Whichy was why they flowed with Eben. did you notice that he did popular songs first before his Imela?
    Plus when Eben spoke, he generally meant that we should NOT expect a performance BUT a ministration because everything going on is spiritual. He was NOT insinuating that WE WERE PLAYING CHURCH...
    #mytwocents
    And yes love i totally loved your dress on sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, its just my own opinion, but seriously, on several occasions the choir performs I komole and the church goes gaga, pardon my term, but then again he performed that same track from beginning to end and no one got up to dance! Come on, everybody even kids know that song! Its too popular, yes "Angeli" they may not know but "Ikomole"? Nah I know what I witnessed, but then again, its just my own opinion and yours, and thanks again, I just had to rock the 1st thanks giving Sunday of the year you know*winks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. comeeee...! onnnnn...! y sad face.....? ....smile for me bestie.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

AURA COOL Wednesday morning and I feel…. Well I can’t say, but I know this too shall pass. Woke up feeling good about the day, just got a call from my new found friend (what? You expected me to say my new found love right? Not so soon guys, still basking in the single mood) Aura-Cool , he really is so different from a lot of dude’s out there, I found myself paying close attention to all he had to say regarding relationship, sex, love, life, and now I have myself thinking, this guy might make a great friend with benefits, he looks like Justine Timberlake and I look like Milla Kunis, let’s get together and do a movie I guess(loll, just kidding), but really, could he be the next love Dr.?   DAN AS A JUDGE ON NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT   I, DAN AND MERCEE, XMAS LAST YEAR Speaking of Dr. Love, the real Dr. Love’s birthday is here finally! Dan Foster aka The Big Dawg turns.. I dare not say the age (laughing hard) but the most important part is that he is adding a ful

HAPPY LAW SUIT Not Kris Humpries though

Oh my, where is my happiness? who took it and why? oops! there it is, I found it. They are going down! God help me, laughing hard. GUESS THIS IS THE PART WHERE LEMAR TELL KRIS, "HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE YOU PUT A ROCK ON IT, SO SADDLE UP SOLDIER AND PLAY FAIR". Well, I know someone or persons who at the end of the day, took their own law suit to the court "literally", check out former bromance buddies, Kris Humpries, the ex husband to Kim Kardashian and Lemar Odom, the husband to Khloe Kardashian Odom, in a one on one basketball game between them on the court at the play offs between  LA Clippers and Brooklyn Nets (this is the part Jim Carey goes off and says, its show time") I smell a cold war. THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING! Moving on, I had a very stress filled day on Monday which caused me to literally sleep off till 4 am on Tuesday morning, thank goodness I woke up just at the nick of time before the driver got here(home). At the studio and

THE DAY AFTER LIFE BEFORE HER EYES

VIEN 007, BIRTHDAY GIRL PHOTO BY MAX GREY MARCH 27 1988 - MARCH 27 2013? Time of death? of what? Not me oh, not anyone, but my insanity, heart ache, being broke (laughing so hard), no love, and all the bad, and ugly things that was in my path(I wish I didn't have a heart, Waje knows how I feel, see her new video.) At the end of the day, my day came and passed and I kissed the drought goodbye, its all brand new for me just like the video above....I will be back to finish up, and oh that building that got burned yesterday was really burnt down to almost nothing but in the end, the fire was finally put out, I should say more about how my birthday went, but believe me, the day felt more like a funeral than a birthday, up till the point mum served me my birthday meal (Pomo and Beans with Yam and Plantain), then I went to church to praise God www.davidschristiancentre.org and then finally, Amz and Ugo did make it awesome in the end, by surprisingly taking me out to get a